Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Day 5- Leaving Köln

Here we are at the main train station in Cologne. It was really cool to see the wrought iron construction. It was again really cold though. At one point while waiting for our train we were approached by a panhandler. He came up spouting his "oh poor me I need money for a train ticket" story(All in German of course). I decided that this was the perfect time to play the I'm just a stupid American card. Unfortunately, even panhandlers know English. So when I told him that I "didn't understand," he called my bluff by rolling his eyes and giving me his sob story in perfect English.
Uuummmm Nutella. Another wonderful breakfast. All of the hostels provide a full breakfast buffet. I think that's the reason why I gained so much weight on the trip.

Our ghetto fabulous elevator. Kind of worried us on our way up to the room.









View over the Rhein from our room.

No comments: