Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Day 4- Köln Nightlife

This is an old tower left over from the Roman era. Took us a long time to find this at night. Not to mention that it was just in the middle of a residential neighborhood.














Jen and I on the subway trying to find the best way to get to the Roman Tower and then back to the hotel. Honestly, I thought that the Korean subway system was easier to use than this one. But, we eventually figured it out.
This was the best restaurant that we ate at the entire trip. Jen got someone to take our picture. He had been sitting across the table and heard us struggling through our German to order and so he came over to talk to us after we were done. He tried to give us some travel advice, unfortunately I couldn't understand his English accent so well. All I could glean was that there were some ancient things in Cologne to go see. Although, since we had decided to leave in the morning, I could afford to not pay attention and just nod as he spoke.
The restaurant Haxenhaus zum Rheingarten.













Did I take a poo on my plate? No. It's a meter long, homemade, family recipe bratwurst bursting with deliciousness. It rests on top of a pile of bratkartoffeln, sauerkraut, and if you look closely there might be a piece of lettuce. It was by far the best meal we had all trip.











Also one of the best beers that I had. It was a Kölsch. Although I almost died when I got the bill for dinner. They charged me 6 Euros for the one beer. I had to start checking the price on the beer list before ordering from then on.

No comments: